Plant Recommendations For Your NatureScreen®
The USDA developed a map of zones across the nation based upon average annual extreme minimum temperatures. This geographic segmentation is very important to consider when choosing the best plant species for a particular environment. We have accompanied this map with a few of our top plant recommendations in the zones where your NatureScreen® project may be installed.
We also have provided a list of annual vines that are great design options for when annual replanting is not a concern. Annual vines only live for 1 growing season and are not zone specific. These plant species require the same growing seasons as annual bedding plants; approximately 75-90 days with planting temperatures above 40 degrees.
- Black-eyed Susan — Thunderbergia alata
- Cardinal Climber — Ipomea x multiflora
- Cup and Saucer — Cobaea scandens
- Hyacinth Bean — Dolichos lablab
- Mandevilla — Diplodimia
- Moonflower — Ipomea alba
- Morning Glory — Ipomea tricolor
- Nasturtium — Trapaeolum
- Scarlet Runner Bean — Phasaeolus coccineus
- Sweet Pea — Lathyrus odoratus
- Sweet Potato — Ipomea