Back by popular demand, the 2022 CityScapes Community Garden!
Have you ever wanted to grow your own food, but had nowhere to garden? You’re in luck! CityScapes, a local manufacturer of raised bed gardens, is re-opening a community garden in the Spring of 2022 near Cemetery Rd and I-270. The growing season will run from May 2 to November 1, 2022. Contact us to reserve your plot.
Please register by April 15, 2022.
- 4’x8′ raised bed garden
- Water access, sun and soil
- Free parking
Pricing for 2022 Season
- One 4’x8’ plot: $15
- Two 4’x8’ plots: $25
- Three 4’x8′ plots: $40
- Four 4’x8′ plots: $50
- Registration application, payment and waiver must be signed prior to plot assignment.
- Planting begins May 2nd. Plots will be subject to reassignment if not planted by May 20, 2022.
- Gardening is permitted from dawn to dusk, seven days a week.
- No planting outside of your raised bed or in-ground plot.
- Each gardener is responsible for keeping his/her plants within his/her plot. Vine plants should be staked or another method used to keep them within the plot area (All walkways must be kept clear, for safety and our companies landscaping service).
- Plots must be kept free of noxious weeds.
- Unattended watering is not permitted. Do not water other plots or walkways. Containers of standing water are prohibited as they attract mosquitos which are known to be carriers of the West Nile Virus.
- It is strongly recommended that gardeners use organic gardening principles, including avoiding the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. If any type of pesticide or fertilizer is used – organic or synthetic – it must not be allowed to leave your plot. Any fertilizer or pesticide product used must be applied as per that product’s label.
- Herbicides (weed killers) are strictly prohibited.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not allowed on site due to the risk of Tobacco Mosaic Virus. If you are a tobacco user, please wash your hands prior to working in the garden.
- Children visiting the gardens must be supervised.
- Dogs are not permitted at the gardens.
- Illegal plants, including cannabis and other species designated as invasive by the Ohio department of Agriculture are strictly prohibited. For a complete list of invasive plant species, visit http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/901:5-30-01
- Gardeners may harvest from their own plot only. Discourage theft by harvesting your garden promptly.
- Any refuse collected in the garden area should be deposited in the designated waste disposal area or taken home.
- All materials must be removed from the plots by November 1, 2022.
- Periodic inspections will be conducted to ensure that plots are being maintained and in compliance with these rules. Those who fail to adhere to these community rules will be issued a citation and notified by phone or email. Anyone who has received a citation will be given a period of no more than ten (10) days to rectify the stated problem. If the plot is not improved within 10 days, the gardener’s privileges may be terminated and subject to fines.
- Use common courtesy, be considerate of your gardening neighbors, and ENJOY.
Register by Mail or Drop Off at our Office Download the Registration Form Here
For a faster response, please call 614-850-2549.