A message to CityScapes Inc. community gardeners
First, we want to say that we hope you are all safe and well. In these uncertain times, the health and safety of our community gardeners is a high priority. With safety in mind, please read the following guidelines below:
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 or feel unwell, please do not visit the community garden. For more information about coronavirus and its symptoms, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Anyone displaying symptoms of COVID-19, or who has come in contact with someone who has symptoms of COVID-19, should not come to the gardens. Anyone displaying symptoms will be asked to leave.
- If you have come in contact with someone who has tested positive or if you have tested positive for COVID-19, do not visit the garden for a minimum of 14 days or until you have recovered.
- Please maintain a minimum of 6 feet between you and your fellow gardeners.
- Per Ohio guidelines, a maximum of 10 individuals can gather in one place, at one given time. Please be aware of how many community gardeners are at the garden at any one given time.
- Per Ohio guidelines, wearing cloth face coverings in public settings is required. The face covering is meant to protect others from the spread of coronavirus. Continue to keep 6 feet between yourself and others. The face covering is not a substitute for social distancing.
- We ask that you do not share gardening equipment with fellow gardeners.
Thank you for your continued support of our community garden in the past and we look forward to working with you this 2020 growing season.
2020 COMMUNITY GARDEN
Back by popular demand, the 2020 CityScapes Community Garden!
Have you ever wanted to grow your own food, but had nowhere to garden? You’re in luck! CityScapes, a local manufacturer of raised bed gardens, is re-opening a community garden in the Spring of 2020 near Cemetery Rd and I-270. The growing season will run from May 1 to November 1, 2020. Contact us to reserve your plot. Contact us to reserve your plot.
Please register by May 01, 2020.
- 4’x8′ raised bed garden
- Water access, sun and soil
- Free parking
Pricing for 2020 Season
- One 4’x8’ plot: $15
- Two 4’x8’ plots: $25
- Registration form, payment, and waiver must be signed prior to plot assignment.
- Planting begins May 1. Unplanted plots will be subject to reassignment on June 2.
- Gardening is permitted from dawn to dusk seven days a week.
- No planting outside of your raised bed or inground plot.
- Each gardener is responsible for keeping his/her plants within his/her plot. Vine plants should be staked or another method used to keep them within the plot area (All walkways must be kept clear, for safety and our companies landscaping service).
- Plots must be kept free of noxious weeds.
- Unattended watering is not permitted. Do not water other plots or walkways. Containers of standing water are not permitted, due to potential spread of West Nile Virus.
- It is strongly recommended that gardeners use organic gardening principles, including avoiding the use of synthetic fertilizers and pesticides. If any type of pesticide or fertilizer is used – organic or synthetic – it must not be allowed to leave your plot. Any fertilizer or pesticide product used must be applied as per that product’s label.
- Herbicides (weed killers) are not permitted
- Smoking and tobacco products are not allowed on site due to the risk of Tobacco Mosaic Virus. If you are a tobacco user, please wash your hands prior to working in the garden.
- Children visiting the gardens must be supervised.
- Dogs are not permitted at the gardens.
- No illegal plants permitted.
- Users may harvest from their own plot only. Discourage theft by harvesting your garden promptly.
- Any refuse collected in the garden area should be deposited in the designated disposal area or taken home.
- Periodic inspections of the plots will be conducted by a staff member to insure that the plots are being maintained. Those who fail to comply with the community rules will be cited for improperly maintaining their plot and notified by phone or email and given 10 days to rectify the problem. If the plot is not improved within 10 days, the user’s privileges may be terminated and the user is subject to fines.
- All materials must be removed from the plots by November 1, 2020.
- Use common courtesy, be considerate of your gardening neighbors, and ENJOY.